Monday, January 26, 2009

sibling time


Last week began like any other week...my parents calling me to see if I could spend the week with Nick and Annie, they would be going to Disney World. So being the great daughter that I am I said yes. Day 1: Spent most of the afternoon running Annie to all of her extracurricular activities i.e. basketball, piano, violin, YW. Made a lovely dinner of chicken enchiladas with big sis Jess. When Annie got home from YW we did a little homework and it was off to bed for the child. 10:15, Nick comes home from YM basketball with dried blood on his face. He says he thinks he broke his nose, so we wake Annie up from her slumber and head to the ER. After waiting for about an hour in the waiting room we were able to go back and see the doctor. All he did was touch his nose and ask if it hurt. So he decided it was broken, but there really wasn't anything he could do (the nose was too swollen). So we head home, all the while Annie is worrying about not getting enough sleep, such a funny girl.
Day 2 goes on without a hitch, broken nose boy stays home from school and I didn't get home until after 7 (work). Day 3: A big day! This is the day Annie has been waiting for forever! Her 12th birthday party! The agenda was; movie, popcorn, pizza, games. All the partiers meet at the birthday girls house at 4:00. So when we left the house for the cinema it was almost 4:30, we THINK the movie starts at 4:45, but oops it starts at 4:20. We missed the first part of the movie, but I think the kids liked it anyway. The fun filled week ended with a relaxing sunday and the parents coming home. I love my brothers and sisters.

3 comments:

  1. What a great sister and daughter you are. How's the job going? Was it Men's Wearhouse or Mr. Mac? I remember it was some tux store. SOrry my memory is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie and I must be soul mates. I would be worrying about getting enough sleep, too! Who cares about brother's nose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just be mad that my parents were at Disney World without me!!!! Glad I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List